2018 Launch Schedule All dates are subject to change or cancellation. Please check before coming to the field. February 10-11 ICBM CANCELLED March 10-11 ROSCO April 7-8 ICBM May 5-6 ROSCO June 9-10 ROSCO July 7-8 ICBM August 11-12 ROSCO … Continue reading →
We are working on the site – Please be patient. Related
August launch is still a go. NOTAMs called in by the ROSCO team. Related
The August Launch is still a go. Related
Please be patient. The new site is a work in progress.
The schedule is available on the Calendar. It is available through September and we will work to add more. We do not have a club hotel recommendation. We will work with a local chain.
Sparky motors are dependent on the conditions on the field. Contact the launch director if you plan to fly a sparky motor. Research motors may only be used on ICBM Research launch days. The waiver is limited to 7000 feet until we get accustomed to the field.
Questions from flyers:
- Detailed list of landowner restrictions (both actual and potential)
- Proposed launch schedule
- Actual waiver
- Club needs
- Lodging information
- Other potential issues??
Answers (In no particular order):
- EX is available on ICBM research launches. ROSCO and sport launches will only fly commercial motors.
- Sparky motors are dependent on the conditions on the field. Contact the launch director if you plan to fly a sparky motor.
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- See: Launch Calendar
- Waiver: I have a approval to release it: It is 15,000 feet, but 7000 is our current limit. We may ease higher. We have to avoid the cattle farm to the west. Any rockets that hit that field are “lost”. It is vitally important that we get a good feeling for the limits of this field before we tickle the waiver. Complex flights (air starts, staged high power, or high power clusters) are allowed but must be approved by the launch director.
- Club needs? None at this time.
- Lodging: I am working on this. There are a lot of potentials within 20 miles but nothing official.
- Other issues:
- Each flyer must sign a waiver with the land owner each calendar year.
- Elections: I am working on the officer election. I have moved to Texas. Bridgett will remain local and can serve as an officer. I have reviewed the rules and found that we can use a stand in as prefect while I am away. We have enough TAPs to stand in to run the launches if necessary.
- No dogs on the field unless they are on a leash.
- All flyers are required to sign a landholder waiver.